The Dagsboro Volunteer Fire Company was established in 1943, operating 2 engine companies out of a two bay/two stroy brick fire house located on Clayton Avenue, just west of Main Street. Prior to this, emergencies in the area were handled by the Frankford or Millsboro Vol. Fire Companies.The original fire house still stands but has been renovated for use by the Bethel United Methodist Church. A new station was built in 1963 on Waples Street as the calls for emergency services grew. We are still in that building and have grown to include the vehicles seen on our apparatus page. Our membership has also grown to include an Auxiliary side and EMS members and employees.